Of Monkeys And Mein
Last week The Beer Boutique held the first two events of what will be a total of four this month. It has now become clear that our decision to increase the number of events we hold was a brilliant idea – and we intend to continue!
Chinese New year
On the evening of February 10th Guests were welcomed to a half pint of Thornbridge’s Tzara on tap while they settles in to what would be a casual evening of dinner, drinks, drinks, fortune cookies, and a few more drinks.
For this event we wanted guests to be experimental with their beer and food pairings. We provided six beers and an array of typical Chinese New Years dishes, and though we offered guidance it was ultimately up to our guests to decide what and with what they wanted to drink their beers.
How would you have paired your meal? We would love to hear your feedback!
- Roosters Baby Faced Assassin 6.1% IPA
- Abbey De Rocs Belgian Brune 9%
- Kitchen Beer Heat of darkness citrus, lime, lemongrass pale ale
- Barbar 8% Belgian Blonde
- Hitachino Nest Red Rice Ale fruity, grainy, red rice 7%
- Thornbridge Tzara clean lager 4.8%
- Chow Mein - mushroom/mange tout
- Vegetable Dumplings
- Vegetable Crispy Spring Rolls
- Sweet & Sour BBQ Pork
- Mixed Mushroom & Onion side dish
Let us know your pairings! All beers are available on line and in store (just click on the links above)
A toast to all the monkeys out there and of course . . .
Peace and Yeast,
The Beer Boutique